skype on kubuntu?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Nov 24 18:03:51 UTC 2007

Knapp wrote:

>> But you didn't tell anything about pros and cons when advertising for
>> Automatix.
>

> How old are you anyway?  This is getting way passive aggressive.

You're the one being childish here.

> There are plenty of places that a person can find a fair and even account
> of what Automatix can and can't do. The Devs even wrote a really nice bit
> about there thoughts. It was not all bad.

Of _course_ it's not all bad.  Automatix is a _great_ idea.  But it was
designed (if I can use the term very loosely) poorly.  Since that point,
and especially since Ubuntu started warning about how bad it could be for
your system, the automatix developers have tried very hard to make it into
a tool that _will_ work safely with Ubuntu.

> I have read that Automatix is also being debated by the Devs for inclusion
> in future releases and liked by more that half of the users. Can it be all
> bad?

And when they get it to the point that it won't interfere with Ubuntu, I'm
sure it _will_ be included.  It isn't there yet.

> One more question. Have you ever known of anyone having problems with
> an upgrade with apt-get or the like?

Of course - and _that_ isn't ubuntu-supported, either.

> As to Terence, have you had your system wrecked?  Or is this like
> alligators in the NY drains?

Childish again.

> On second thought, I am done with this.

Thank god.  Please don't troll anymore.