KDE warning that scripts are running slowly

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Sat Nov 24 02:27:00 UTC 2007

On Friday 23 November 2007 4:14:48 pm D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On Friday 23 November 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > It works in the other direction as well, you know. When she's trying
> > to get to sleep, start talking about how wonderful the CLI is, and how
> > apt-get is so much better than any GUI. VI is so much better that
> > [insert GUI text editor here].
>
> Sounds like you've been married for 40,000 years too.
>
> I have in fact been known to bore her to tears with this very stuff on
> purpose so she will become overwhelmed by what a flaming dweeb I am, and
> wander away with a confused look on her face.
>
> It's much quieter that way.

Man I wish that worked for me. For 16 years I've tried that, but within the
first minute I get accused of being mean and calling people names and I swear
after all these years I still forget to keep my mouth shut! LOL

Here's my trick: I tell her a little 'bout something someone does and in no
time she's off to dial up my mother and gossip nonstop for hours about it. It
works every time. :-)

--
David M.

{Woah! this fortune is creepy! Why do the ones that sound like a curse always
come about in discussions like this one?}

You will pay for your sins.  If you have already paid, please disregard
this message.