KDE warning that scripts are running slowly

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 20:39:58 UTC 2007

On 23/11/2007, D. Michael McIntyre <michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com> wrote:
> > Just be glad it's not your wife that is the yappy one.
>
> "Me and blah blah went to the blah blah and Billie said blah blah can you
> believe that?!  Then blah blah and blah blah blah blah blah, and blah blah
> blah, if you can believe that, then blah blah to blah blah to blah blah in
> the blah blah of the blah blah for the blah blah that blah blahed the blah
> blah blah blah blah?  Blah blah blah?!  HEY!  I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!  YOU
> NEVER LISTEN TO ME!"
>
> You were saying?
>
> At least the dog shuts up if you throw it a pork chop. :)
>
> (One of these days she's going to venture further out into the wonderful world
> of the internet, and I'm going to get a pork chop shoved up my nose.)

It works in the other direction as well, you know. When she's trying
to get to sleep, start talking about how wonderful the CLI is, and how
apt-get is so much better than any GUI. VI is so much better that
[insert GUI text editor here]. When you are sure that she's not paying
attention, mention that VI has inline search, then ask her which
search form she prefers: inline (like firefox) or popup box (like
opera).

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il