Gutsy Gibbon more problems??

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 15:27:55 UTC 2007

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I am still using Kubuntu Edgy, which works fine for me. I noticed the
> questions and problems when Feisty appeared and I have now watched with
> interest the same with Gutsy.
>
> To me it seems that there are more queries and problems being aired
> about Gutsy than there ever were with Feisty. Or is just my imagination?
> I have installed Feisty on my brother's laptop and so far he seems
> pleased. From what I have read so far on this list I will stay clear of
> Gutsy. Or am I being unfair?
>
> Neil Winchurst

I moved to Kubuntu from Debian Sarge.  That was when Edgy Eft was
current.  I upgraded to Feisty and recently to Gutsy with no problems at
all.  I do wait for a bit after the release to see what problems people
encounter, though.  I use aptitude exclusively for package management.

Some people were not as lucky as I've been.  With software as complex as
an OS, it's inevitable that some will problems at upgrade time...  but
the people on this list always seem to come through with solutions.  I
love the Kubuntu Community!  So helpful!  :@)

--
Blessings

Wulfmann