internet connection settings kubuntu 7.04

Stew Schneider stew.schneider at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 22:54:46 UTC 2007

The 169.254.x.x IP address is the tip-off. That's the APIP (Automatic
Private IP Addressing) space. It means that your machine did not detect
a DHCP server on the net. That could be because your router is not
providing one, or because your box isn't listening on the right subnet.

Manually give your box an IP in the range 192.168.1. (something less
than 100), assuming a linksys router, or 192.168.0. (something less than
100) on a D-Link, or look at the IP on the other box and see what your
subnet is.

stew