internet connection settings kubuntu 7.04

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:40:47 UTC 2007

>IP adress: 169.254.4.214...
This IP address looks like the default manufacturing IP address that is
given to the NIC before DHCP gives it an IP address on the network...

>Gateway: void (there I put 192.168.1.1)...
Can you ping your default gateway ($ping 192.168.1.1)?  Are you sure your
default gateway is 192.168.1.1?  If you can successfully ping your gateway,
then try pinging google ($ping www.google.com).  If there is an error here,
you might need to look at your router configuration.

About your domain name -- I don't recall having to manually config these
(then again, I didn't have to manually configure anything to get ethernet to
work).  On my computer, my DNS is something resembling 69.1.3.182 -- this
was assigned by my ISP.  If you are not sure if you are using the right DNS,
you might need to contact your ISP.

I know it's not much, but I hope it helps!

Andrew