Word Attachments

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Apr 30 16:41:08 UTC 2007

On Sunday 29 April 2007 19:48, Roman Wissner wrote:
> I think that Microsoft Office documents best viewed using MS Office;
> when I try to open them in OpenOffice I can read them but they will look
> slightly different to what they should look like. That's why there are
> special formats designed to look the same regardless of the platform
> (e.g. PDF).

The truth is, Word documents look different in different Word installations,
due to variances in installed fonts, screen resolutions, printer drivers,
font leading, and the "Compatibility Options" chosen.  Even Windows to
Windows, PDF should be used unless the document is part of a collaboration
and needs to be edited by the sender and recipient.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @