KAudioCreator and Mp3 player playing order

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Wed Apr 11 18:41:34 UTC 2007

Nigel Ridley wrote:
> I did a google search but am still in the dark.
> Why, when KAudioCreator rips and encodes .mp3's using CDDB, does the playing order
> on my Sandisk Sansa m200 not reflect the original playing order on the CD?
>
> The only clue I could find was this:
> Id tags must be id3v2 or the Sansa will ignore them and put songs in alphabetical
> order.
> He then goes on to recommend using Audio Tag Tool (tagtool) over EasyTag.
> Any comments to help me understand things a bit clearer?
>
> TIA
>
> Nigel

Answering myself here:
I downloaded tagtool and converted, one album so far of .mp3's to id3v2 and then
recopied them to the player and now they play in the 'correct' order :-)

So if anybody else is having a similar problem tagtool and id3v2 is the answer.

And now for the obvious question: Why doesn't KAudioCreator use id3v2 ?

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries