No sound on Feisty on ThinkPad

Macario Valle macariov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:45:49 UTC 2007

I was having the same problem on my Toshiba Satellite laptop.  I
searched all the support options and all I could find was:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HdaIntelSoundHowto

My sound card is not directly referenced, but I figured, I needed to fix
Alsa anyways, so i followed it.  I did succeed in getting sound.  The
only problem is the volume is too low no matter what.  I figure that is
a mismatch with the mixer, so I will keep trying the different options.

Hope this helps.