Kopete: winpoup and GTalk through proxy server

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 07:19:13 UTC 2007

Hi,
Two kopete-related questions:
I suffer a proxy server at work. All the data communications go
through a proxy server which only allows connections to port 80. The
Windows gtalk client is able to circumvent this, and works as
expected. The web interface also works fine. However, I am not able to
connect using kopete, which tries to use port 553 or something. Any
ideas?

Also, I can send messages using winpoup, but cannot receive messages.
I also had to download a couple of shell scripts which were not in the
kopete package in Kubuntu. Is there a step-by-step guide?

Cheers,
Jose