Kubuntu Feisty Fawn Beta Release (ppc/macintosh)

Irena and Richard Jenkins richard.jenkins at internode.on.net
Tue Apr 3 03:40:30 UTC 2007

I have managed to download the alternate desktop for this release.
It's being installed as we speak, but I note that the size has now
crept up over the 700 meg limit for most cdrom's.  K3b complained a
bit .. but I used the advanced tab to force the writing.  This seems
to have been successful - passed the md5checksums, etc.

Is the actual release going to be smaller I wonder?

I tried using the standard desktop, but although it seemed to
install, I could NOT get a peep out of the xwindows!  I am using one
of the older crt-screened imacs ... and was not able to get
everything to work out.  Have had a similar problem with 6.10 ...
IIRC ... and it may be related to my lack of memory (only 256 meg on
this machine).  Anyway the alternate install is proceeding well.

Finally, my thanks to those (crazy) people who are continuing to
provide Kubuntu for the ppc.  Your efforts are really appreciated!

If you didn't know it was still being maintained (unofficially) ...
then google for it!

Richard
Irena and Richard Jenkins
Canberra, Australia