Bogofilter ?

Piero Ottuzzi piero.ottuzzi at omnys.it
Mon Sep 18 08:14:29 UTC 2006

Hi Rich,

I found the same problem a while ago [1] and nobody responded: don't be
afraid... now on my system bogofilter is working ;)
I'm not an expert of bogofilter but it looks like that bogofilter needs to be
initialized.
So here it is what I did:
> create a dir and copy there some known SPAM messages (call them something
like s1, s2, ..., sN)
> in the same dir copy some known HAM (aka GOOD) messages (call them something
like h1, h2, ..., hN)
> rm -rf /home/piero/.bogofilter (maybe you want a mv ;))
> rm -rf /home/piero/.bogofilter.cf (maybe does not exists...)
> bogofilter -v -n -B h1 h2 (tell bogofilter h1 and h2 are good messages)
> bogofilter -v -s -B s1 s2 (tell bogofilter s1 and s2 are SPAM)
> bogofilter -v -B h1 h2 h3 h4 s1 s2 s3 s4 (let's see what bogofilter thinks
about them now)

After these instructions my bogofilter (used through KMail) started to work
like a charm.

Hope this helps you, please let me know!
Bye
Piero

PS: if you have a directory full of SPAM messages you can use
> for i in * ; do bogofilter -v -s -B $i ; done
instead of
> bogofilter -v -s -B s1 s2
in that directory to let bogofilter mark them all as SPAM.

[1]https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-users/2006-August/008493.html

--
GPG KeyID: 84AE988E
Fingerprint: F0A0 CA2A 8D8F CC12 3F5E  C04C D8D5 9DC3 84AE 988E