users and root

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:04:19 UTC 2006

On 2/20/06, Luca Mollica <mollica.luca at hsr.it> wrote:

> least for me) way of organizing users .... how can I get a root user in
> the classical sense and a 'luca' user without any administrator privilege
> ?

First, you may want to try the Ubuntu approach of not having a root user.
It has advantages and disadvantages.  I didn't like it at first, but now I
do.

Second, on any of your Linux or other Unix systems, type 'man sudoers' for
information about how the sudo system works and how to change it so none of
the regular users have root access via sudo.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own