kubuntu performance

Pan, Shi Zhu pan.shizhu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 12:43:36 GMT 2009

Kwan Chan wrote:
> hi,
> I tested kubuntu 9.10 and OpenSuse 11.2 on the same machine and found
> out that Kubuntu is a bit slower than OpenSuse. I can notice that the
> kwin animation under kubuntu is slow compared to OpenSuse. Is it because
> of the quality of the kde packages of Kubuntu?

No, it generally is not a kubuntu problem.

You're using intel graphics card and the intel driver is compiled into
kernel and xorg. It is the difference of kernel options and xorg version
which cause the difference.

Well, the kernel and xorg packages are created by ubuntu core developer
or debian. It generally has nothing to do with Kubuntu developers.