kubuntu performance

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Sat Dec 12 15:45:21 GMT 2009

Am Freitag, 11. Dezember 2009 08:23:11 schrieb Kwan Chan:
> hi,
> I tested kubuntu 9.10 and OpenSuse 11.2 on the same machine and found out
> that Kubuntu is a bit slower than OpenSuse. I can notice that the kwin
> animation under kubuntu is slow compared to OpenSuse. Is it because of the
> quality of the kde packages of Kubuntu?

Yes it is.

On the other hand it might be even more likely that the graphics driver in
9.10 is not getting the most out of your GPU, or, which is also likely
something in the graphics stack of ubuntu is causing roundtrips.

Though that sounds rather complicated so lets just stay with claiming that the
quality of Kubuntu's kde packages suck, sure is easier to explain than why a
driver could have influence on the performance of graphics.

Then again I am not into the graphics stuff anyway...
--
Harald Sitter
Kubuntu Core Developer