Q: Why does Kubuntu exist?

Nathan Bailey nathanielcbailey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 00:03:38 GMT 2009

Hello,

After reading the discussion, I sum up my impression of why Kubuntu exists:
"Kubuntu:  The Power of Linux for the People."

KDE seems to be a "power" desktop, yet I find it easily customizable/usable
by the average person.  The majority of people I introduce to Linux find KDE
much easier and intuitive to use than GNOME.  This alone seems to be a good
enough reason for kubuntu to exist.  If we want people to switch to linux,
we need to have something intuitive, integrated, and natural feeling, that
also can easily be tweaked to become highly customized.  In my opinion, KDE
and Kubuntu seem to fit this the very best.  I like debian, I like ubuntu
even more, and I like kubuntu the most.

Best Regards,
Nathan Bailey