EC Request for Consideration: WikiSite and current wiki edit projects

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 27 13:50:00 UTC 2009

Hi

Jordan Mantha wrote:
> So given all that, I would like to put out the following for consideration:
>
> 1) Address the use of the WikiSite namespace as outlined in Ace's email here:
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-users/2009-September/005604.html

What kind of feedback does Ace require? I've replied to some of his
concerns on that mail, does he need a more formal response from the EC?
Isn't that a bit overkill? What is blocking Ace at the moment? I think
that if he breaks what he wants to do in smaller pieces and keep
everyone up to date on his intentions, then things should be fine.

> 2) Address what to do with the the moved meeting logs *if* the current
> situation is not desirable.

I think they should be stored at the best logical place where people
would expect to find them, as well as being consistent with the use of
the other teams.

> 3) Address any issues with
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/WikiSite/NewStructure that the
> Edubuntu Council might have.

The WikiSite in the URL is excessive, I don't think it's necessary.
Besides that, from my perspective the rest seems like details.

> The goal here is to end with a better understanding of what we want
> the Edubuntu wiki to look like and better guidance for Ace has he
> takes on this large and very much needed task. I don't want him to
> feel like his work is being ignored or discarded or that he's wasting
> his time. My feeling is that the Edubuntu Council hasn't had the
> chance to have a comprehensive look at the proposal. So let's take the
> time now, make sure everybody is on the same page, and then get Karmic
> rockin!

Indeed, it's a tedious job and I think everyone appreciates his work. I
think things might have gotten just slightly out of proportion. Let's
learn from this and make things go smoother in the future.

-Jonathan