[xubuntu-users] problems with last 18.04

walt w7prb at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 00:28:44 UTC 2019

Don:

I have had problems getting scaning (simplescan) to work in the last
several issues of Mint.  I resolved that by installing a later version
of hplip from:
  https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/gethplip
It was a rather long and involved installation but it worked.  I am
using a HP printer, MFP_M277, but I think that driver is used for
several other brands of printers.

   walt

--
----- Walt Jamison, W7PRB  w7prb at comcast.net-----