[xubuntu-users] Desktop Sharing on Bionic

Knute Johnson groups at 585ranch.com
Wed Sep 12 00:06:50 UTC 2018

x11vnc works great, I've got a couple hundred of them running on
xubuntu.  If you want to start it automatically when you start your
computer, put the following into the file:
~/.config/autostart/x11vnc.desktop

[Desktop Entry]

Type=Application

Name=x11vnc

Exec=x11vnc -forever

Terminal=false

Hidden=false

For your Windows end I would use RealVNC's viewer, it is really nice
these days and available free from their website: http://realvnc.com.
Be sure to open port 5900 on your server computer's firewall.

knute...

--

Knute Johnson