[xubuntu-users] Freshly installed 18.04 with 16.04 drive mounted as /home has wrong main menu

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 05:44:17 UTC 2018

I just took the plunge and installed Xubuntu 18.04.1 on my home desktop.

I installed a brand new SSD for the boot drive, and after a couple of
issues with the DVD, I installed Xubuntu 18.04.1 and brought it up.

Then I remounted my old /home drive on /home and things went kind of screwy.

I managed to get past some of the strange things, but this one has me
baffled - the mouse button brings up the old menus I had on 16.04, not
the new 18.04 menu I got before I switched /home mounts.

Many parts of the older menu don't work.  The 16.04 settings manager
app is still there and it doesn't work on some the Desktop settings at
all (didn't come up on a desktop right-click - I ran
xfdesktop-settings and now it's working better, but the menu is still
the old 16.04-style menu).

How do I reset the menu back to the new one?  It looks more like the
Mint menu than the old one.  I have my issues with that, but I
actually like it better now that I've been using it at work for a few
weeks.

I'm guessing it's one of my old config files, but I have no idea which
one or what to tweak/replace in it.

Thanks.
MR