[xubuntu-users] Alt+Fn switches to tty console?!

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Oct 8 16:17:16 UTC 2018

I still have this problem/bug:

On Fri 2018-06-15 (08:19), Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> On Fri 2018-06-15 (08:11), Ulli Horlacher wrote:
>
> > > Alt+F1 switches to the tty console 1
> > >
> > > In the past I have had to press Control+Alt+Fn to switch the console.
> >
> > Another PC now has the same bug, AFTER an "apt-get upgrade"!
>
> After reboot (because of new kernel) the old standard behaviour with
> Control+Alt+Fn is back again.

A reboot is not necessary, restarting the X server is sufficient to bring
back the default [Alt] [Fn] behaviour.

But some time (minutes... hours...) later my keyboard layout is again
redefined.

Still, the question is: who/what is reconfiguring my X11 keyboard?!

Plan B: how can I store the current keyboard layout to restore it at a
later time?

"xmodmap -pke" only shows normal keys and not the modifier keys.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF:<20180615061924.GB32373 at rus.uni-stuttgart.de>