[xubuntu-users] Touchpad timeout

Victor Forberger vforberger at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 8 15:59:39 UTC 2018

On 10/08/2018 08:20 AM, Mike Simms wrote:
> On my laptop, the touchpad is 'flush' with the body of the computer -
> it's not recessed liek older laptops used to be. This means that as I
> type I often touch it accidentally with say the wrist and the focus
> jumps to where the cursor is, a few words get typed into the wrong place
> on the screen!
>
> I know about the "disable touchpad while typing", I have set to 0.5
> seconds, but it still keeps happening. Is there anywhere a smarter
> method if controlling the touchpad behaviour?

Mike,

You want to use the terminal command synclient to make adjustments. Use

synclient -l

to see current settings. Do some internet searching for various options.

See my review of my laptop for how I used synclient to adjust the
middle-click timing of my track-pad.

https://linuxatty.wordpress.com/2018/07/23/review-galago-pro-from-system-76-and-xubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver/

And, FWIW, I don't like to disable my track-pad when typing. I find that
the main problem are the settings for double and triple clicking on the
track-pad rather than its sensitivity when typing. So, I have all of
those features turned off.

- Victor

--
Victor Forberger