[xubuntu-users] Black monitor after upgrade to 18.10

Michele Mor m.mor.mail at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 16:01:54 UTC 2018

Hi.
I was running Xubuntu 18.04 without any problem.
I upgraded to 18.10 and after reboot my monitor went black.
I can login only if I choose the recovery mode, but my monitor resolution
is not correct.
I tested 18.20 live DVD and everything looked ok, so I decided to do a
reinstall.
Unfortunately I had the same problem and cannot login unless I choose the
recovery mode.
My laptop is Acer Aspire 4810TZG, with ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330.
I suspect it's an issue with graphic card drivers.
Any suggestions on how to fix it?
Did someone googling but nothing helped so far.

Thanks.
Michele