[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu on the Raspberry Pi 2/3/3B+

Adam Smith blondesaluki at gmail.com
Wed May 16 10:06:09 UTC 2018

> When I chose the default (install on SDA1) the whole installation went as
> usual,
> untill 'you have to restart to use this..', klick restart now.
> I did it, but the system did not reboot.

I'm sorry it did not work.  That must be really frustrating.  I'm at a
bit of a loss to explain why it failed.  If you chose the 'erase disk
and install' it should of worked.

If you've chosen to do manual partitioning then that can be explained
if you've not created a fat boot partition, except the output of your
commands make no sense.  The boot partition should be mounted at
/boot/firmware, so you'd expect either nothing to be in that folder,
or it filled with the Pi firmware files.  Yet you have just a
config.txt file.

I'll have to have a think how that could of happened....

Good luck with your HP machine!

Adam