[xubuntu-users] Trying to install 16.04.3 LTS, reached a place with no way out but the power button :(

Brian b_lists at patandbrian.org
Thu Nov 30 08:27:21 UTC 2017

On 11/29/2017 10:24 AM, CryptKiddie wrote:
> Have you tried Ubuntu minimal installer?
>
> Alternatively, you could install Xubuntu without a bootloader and then
> try ti install grub from a live Linux.

It won't let me do that, Lukas. The screen I can't get past is the one
to select the bootloader, not installing one is one of the options on
that screen but the 'OK' button just dones't seem to function on ANY
of the choices on that screen.

I guess I will take Len's advice and give it another try when the next
LTS version comes out. I've no real problem with Debian other than
they lag so far behind with some of their packaging, it's not as if I
HAVE to move over to Xubuntu immediately.

I suppose another idea would be to try the standard Ubuntu installer
and then put XFCE in myself (that one just occurred to me).

Brian.