[xubuntu-users] Marking a text file as executable

pereira ninorpereira at gmail.com
Wed May 24 00:29:52 UTC 2017

Since I do everything from the command line this one is easy.

First, do ls -l filename; that should verify what you told us; it's
readable and writable by you, but not executable;
(owner, etc)   -rw-r--r-- filename
then do
chmod 755 filename
now check: ls -l should give
(owner, etc)   -rwxr--r-- filename,
with the extra 'x' in the 4'th place.

I'd also check on what /usr/bin/wish does. I didn't know about this
command but 'man wish' tells you.

HTH,

Nino