[xubuntu-users] Exceedingly Grateful

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun May 14 11:09:15 UTC 2017

On Sun, 14 May 2017 12:20:15 +0200, Fliegenpilzmann wrote:
>Whisker menu

Too funny,

when I migrated from xfce4 to openbox I neither missed xfce's menu nor
whisker menu. I also don't use xfce4-panel anymore, instead I'm using
a split panel on top, the left part is fbpanel and the right part is
lxpanel. For the customized fbpanel menu, just in case, I'm still using
an entry for xfce4-appfinder [1] + a shortcut [2].

For my needs the default xfce4 menu as well as xfce4-appfinder do a
good job. For Xfce I used xfce4-panel on top with the default menu and
on the bottom with whiskers, but IMO whiskers doesn't gain anything,
OTOH it also doesn't miss anything.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
$ grep xfce .config/fbpanel/pre-summery | head -1
	    action = xfce4-appfinder
[2]
$ grep xfce .config/openbox-profile-pre-summery/rc.xml -B2 -A2
    <keybind key="A-F3">
      <action name="Execute">
        <command>xfce4-appfinder</command>
      </action>