[xubuntu-users] Exceedingly Grateful

fred roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 05:46:09 UTC 2017

Joao, excellent points you made.  I am not a programmer.  My intro to Linux
came when I converted my entire office (back when I had an office) to
Linux.  Trial and error, I landed here with Xubuntu as the hands down,
overall, easiest distro to deal with for new users.  My contribution is
more on the ground helping new users get to know and understand Linux.
Windows, for all it's conveniences comes with a hefty price between ad
intrusion and security practices I do not agree (i.e. default admin user
whether password is set or no.)

The Linux community has a more than functioning level of ready made
software and continues to refine the interface.  Help with Xubuntu has
always been better and faster overall than commercial.  I dare say, most of
the technology I see in use; PC, laptops, tablets, routers, phone systems,
phones, software, etc. etc. is either straight up Linux or inspired through
the work of the volunteers. Glad you are on board and hope the journey is
as fruitful for you as it has been for myself.  The key about Linux IMHO is
it opens choices; choices one must intelligently decide.

-- Fred