[xubuntu-users] weird xscreensaver-command doings

Istimsak Abdulbasir saqman2060 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 12:15:49 UTC 2017

On Jun 29, 2017 7:22 AM, "JMZ" <florentior at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Istimsak,

In short, PAM is the module which controls passwords and timeouts.  If I
bring up the lock dialog box by hitting spacebar, and don't enter anything
in the boxes or enter wrong values, then PAM concludes that the login
session has failed.  The website I give below probably answers my question,
but it's a bit complex. [1]

My problem is, if the dialog box keeps appearing and timing out, then PAM
will prompt more boxes.  Normally, PAM will close a box if nothing is
entered or wrong values are entered, but do this only once.

[1] https://askubuntu.com/questions/513081/how-do-i-change-options-in-pam-
configuration

Thanks,

Jordan

looks like the xscreen session has a pam configuration file associated with
it. You can look for it in /etc/pam.d/ and read how authentication for
xscreen is supposed to behave. I will do this myself.

I know you inserted a command to lock the screen. If you removed the
command does the issue remain?

Istimsak