[xubuntu-users] weird xscreensaver-command doings

Istimsak Abdulbasir saqman2060 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 04:24:41 UTC 2017

What is this PAM? What happens when you try to lock the screen the default
way?

On Jun 25, 2017 8:38 PM, "JMZ" <florentior at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Usually my favorite screen-blanking routine is this: cancel out all
screensavers in xscreensaver-demo, and then issue xscreensaver-command
-lock every time I want a locked screen (have Super+L as the hotkey for
this).

In the past screensaver-command -lock would create a blank screen that
would remain blank until spacebar etc. is struck and the lock dialog box
appears.  Now, the lock dialog box is stuck in a viscous circle with PAM.
The lock dialog box always stays "awake" and on-screen until it times out.
Then PAM takes over, box appears, ad infinitum.  The screen never returns
to a state when the screen remains black until a key is struck.  Having the
lock dialog box and PAM chase each other is distracting.

How do I get back to a previous stage where the lock dialog box only
appears when a key is struck?  Am I going the wrong way with my use of
xscreensaver-command?

I'm running Aardvark pre-alpha.  If this is an early bug, I deserve running
an ultra-unstable version of ubuntu.

Thanks,

Jordan

an/listinfo/xubuntu-users