[xubuntu-users] Odp: Re: Intel graphic card - dual display doesnt work

czezz czezz at o2.pl
Thu Jun 29 05:16:43 UTC 2017

Hi, Roger good hint.   I have tried VGA port instead of HDMI and that solved the problem.  Poobably because HDMI is connected only to nvidia. VGA seems to be connected to both (nvidia and intel).  Issue solved. Thanks.   Cheers,  czezz    Dnia 23 czerwca 2017 16:29 Roger <  linux.rog at gmail.com > napisał(a):  On June 23, 2017 3:13:18 AM EDT, czezz <  czezz at o2.pl > wrote:  Hi,  my OS: Xubuntu 16.04.2 LTS   My laptop has 2 graphic cards: nvidia and built-in CPU intel.  I prefer to use intel as it is power saving option. The problem is that I
 cannot connect my laptop to external monitor when using intel.  Eg. when I connect it via HDMI, it cannot see external monitor. However
if I switch to nvidia card it sees another display with no problem.   I use latest intel and nvidia (proprietary) drivers.  Does anyone know what might be the problem?   Best regards,  czezz   I had a similar problem and contacted tech support for a video board. Solution was to change the type of cable! The "monitor" really a TV. A DVI cable solved the problem.    Try also googling the monitor brand name + the video card model number.  --   Sent from my Android device using K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.  --  xubuntu-users mailing list   xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com  Modify settings or unsubscribe at:  lists.ubuntu.com lists.ubuntu.com