[xubuntu-users] Prospective Testers: What questions do you have?

Jose I Diaz Bardales jose.dbardales at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 00:35:18 UTC 2017

On 05/24/2017 03:36 PM, flocculant wrote:
> A short while ago we ran the first IRC session for this cycle for
> prospective testers to come along to. This was really a primer for
> what we do. Well - how I run my installs and what I do ...
>
> Turnout was much as it usually is for these things ;)
>
> What I'd like to do next time is build on that - and this is easy for
> you - you don't need to actually come along to anything ...
>
> We ask you to do just 2 things, read the previous session log [1].
> Then ask your question in this thread, we want the question in the
> following form of so we can easily copy it -
>
> [Question] I want to know if unicorns are real or if they are myths?
>
> Once we have a sensible amount of questions from people - we'll look
> at how to get that information out to people, we have a few options
> available to us there. Another IRC session, a blog post, a wiki page -
> mostly dependent
>
> Kind regards
>
> Kev for Xubuntu QA
>
> [1] https://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2017/05/12/%23xubuntu-devel.html#t19:08

Hello Flocculant and List,

I am not new to testing but I have been absent lately (work-family life).

I had some free time today and read the logs you provided about testing.

I do have two questions (or clarifications)

[Question] If enable the Propose repositories to test a specific package
and verify that it has been fixed. Will this action update other Propose
packages as well?
[Question] I like to test the daily ISO for the current development
cycle but I notice a new daily ISO for Xenial and Vivid should I be
testing those daily ISOs?

TIA