[xubuntu-users] Connection of an ebook reader to Xubuntu 16.04

stemvork stemvork at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 20:29:35 UTC 2017

Dear Xubuntu users,

On my laptop, running under Xubuntu 16.04, I have some epub-files. I
want to copy these files to an ebook reader, connected onto an usb port
of the laptop.

Under Xubuntu 14.04, when I connected an ebook reader, something changed
in the desktop picture. An icon appeared and after mounting the device I
was able to access the reader. However, since I upgraded to 16.04
nothing happens in the desktop after connecting the ebook reader and I
cannot transfer files from my laptop to the reader.

What can I do to resolve this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

kind regards,

Daniel