[xubuntu-users] Wifi issues

Ambre ambre.cauty at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 22:09:10 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm a beginner on Linux, and I started this experience with Xubutnu
16.04 -that I really like by the way- but I have some problems with the
wifi connection :

- The wifi is very unstable during some periods, and sometimes I can't
just use it because it lost the connection every minute...

- The icon on the dashboard does not correspond with the real estate of
the wifi. For example, now I get a connection but I have the two white
up and down arrows, not the "wireless sign" (I don't really know how to
call it). I try to fix it with some tutos but the problem is still here

- Sometimes I'm connected to the wifi but when I open my browser, I
can't access to Internet... I tried with Chromium, Firefox, but it
didn't change anything.

And sometimes, like now, it worked and I have no idea of why it works
now and not all the time... An other thing that may be useful : I got a
dual boot with windows 10, and on it the wifi works almost perfectly, so
I suppose this is a problem due to the OS.

My computer is an Asus laptop (e202sa) with 4go of Ram if it's necessary
for you to know.

I typed some commands that may help you :

        > iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

wlp1s0    IEEE 802.11abgn  ESSID:"SFR-45f0"
           Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.467 GHz  Access Point:
84:A4:23:31:45:F6
           Bit Rate=72.2 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm
           Retry short limit:7   RTS thr=2347 B   Fragment thr:off
           Power Management:off
           Link Quality=32/70  Signal level=-78 dBm

       >sudo lshw -class network
   *-network
        produit: RTL8821AE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
        fabriquant: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
        identifiant matériel: 0
        information bus: pci at 0000:01:00.0
        nom logique: wlp1s0
        version: 00
        numéro de série: 2c:56:dc:bd:40:09
        bits: 64 bits
        horloge: 33MHz
        fonctionnalités: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet
physical wireless
        configuration: broadcast=yes driver=rtl8821ae
driverversion=4.4.0-57-generic firmware=N/A ip=192.168.0.21 latency=0
link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11abgn
        ressources: irq:312 portE/S:e000(taille=256)
mémoire:81200000-81203fff

(it's in french in the commands as you can see, sorry..)

If you have any questions, I may answer, and if you have an idea of a
solution, I'll be very grateful ^^

Thanks for reading and I hope that my english is not too bad...