[xubuntu-users] Authoring tools: Was Is there a Linux Distro with MS Word Pre installed?

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Sat Jan 14 14:04:50 UTC 2017

On 1/14/2017 6:40 AM, Chris Green wrote:
> [snip]
> reStructuredText is a markup laguage (i.e. it's similar to Markdown)
> but is designed for the job.  It's quite readable in its native form
> and has conversion software for (I think, I haven't actually checked)
> HTML, LateX and others.
>
> See:- http://docutils.sourceforge.net
>
> I use it quite a lot for writing my own documentation and notes.

I picked up on that you use it for writing notes.
I have been looking for a note taking tool. A requirement is that
it has some sort of hyperlinking capability. I've yet to come
across anything personally attractive.

The link you gave points to low level detail information.
It conceals what I'm looking for.
To use a (possibly) poor analogy, I'm looking for a page written
by "marketing" rather than "engineering". It would likely be in a
format that would be natural for Wikipedia.
Thank you.