[xubuntu-users] Is there a Linux Distro with MS Word Pre installed?

Victor Forberger vforberger at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 12 20:21:20 UTC 2017

On 01/12/2017 02:07 PM, Will wrote:
> I would like to leave Windows forever but I need MS Word.  Does anyone
> know of an easy to install Linux distro with MS Word included?  By
> included I mean when installed MS word is ready to use with no involved
> configuration.
>
> Thank you
> William Tabacchi

What you request is probably impossible. Linux is an open source
distribution generally.

In addition, Microsoft has not compiled a version of MS Word to run on
Linux. The closest is probably Mac OS X, and even then you need to still
purchase MS Word separately (as well as a Mac computer for the OS).

You should look at LibreOffice. I know MS Word inside and out, but I
HATE the ribbon and switched to LibreOffice even when I'm on Wintel
computers.

- Victor

--
Victor Forberger