[xubuntu-users] using nautilus as default file manager but thunar keeps launching when usb plugged

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Feb 3 13:48:48 UTC 2017

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 10:13:28 -0300 (ART), Gustavo Sansone wrote:
>as said on subject, I'm using nautilus as default FM. I just installed
>the package and then switch the default file manager from
>configuration panel. It seems to work ok, but It's keep opening thunar
>when a USB drive is inserted. any ideas on how to change this behavior?

Hi,

quit xfdesktop and let nautilus handle the desktop. Ensure that the
"--no-desktop" option isn't enabled by nautilus' preferences.

  xfdesktop --quit && nautilus --no-default-window &

Note, I didn't test this, since nautilus even isn't installed on my
machine, I just read the man pages.

Consider to run

  xfdesktop --help
  nautlius --help

as well as

  man xfdesktop
  man nautilus

or assuming man pages shouldn't be installed, search for
"Ubuntu man nautilus" etc. with a web browser.

Regards,
Ralf