[xubuntu-users] editing applications menu?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Oct 7 12:57:16 UTC 2016

On Fri 2016-10-07 (08:48), fred roller wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:05 AM, Ulli Horlacher <
> framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
>
> > On Wed 2016-10-05 (11:19), fred roller wrote:
> >
> > > however, choose whether the items show up in the menu by turning ON/OFF
> > the
> > > "Hide from Menu" option on the individual items in menulibre.     HTH.
> >
> > This removes ALL appearances of this item in all directories.
> > I would like just to remove "Mail Reader" and "Web Browser" from the main
> > directory, but keep them in "Internet" directory.
> >
> > This seems not possible?
>

> In the menulibre you have to navigate to the individual item, in your case
> mail reader.  Then choose turn on "HideFromMenu" option per item.

Yes, I have done this. But it removes ALL items of this kind in ALL
(sub)directories!
I just want to hide it in the toplevel directory and keep it in the
"Internet" directory.

> I had to re-log because a bug that hides all items when you try on the
> fly.  But once you re-log all is fine and your individual icon is hidden.

"xfdesktop --reload" brings the application menu back without logout/login.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF:<CAN4K06tYhdiBDiLM7mxefYxHThXo3uCbvnHdtHijbqsXtqCxKg at mail.gmail.com>