[xubuntu-users] editing applications menu?

fred roller fredroller66 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 12:48:04 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:05 AM, Ulli Horlacher <
framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> On Wed 2016-10-05 (11:19), fred roller wrote:
>
> > however, choose whether the items show up in the menu by turning ON/OFF
> the
> > "Hide from Menu" option on the individual items in menulibre.     HTH.
>
> This removes ALL appearances of this item in all directories.
> I would like just to remove "Mail Reader" and "Web Browser" from the main
> directory, but keep them in "Internet" directory.
>
> This seems not possible?

In the menulibre you have to navigate to the individual item, in your case
mail reader.  Then choose turn on "HideFromMenu" option per item.  I did
this to be sure before I posted so I know it works.  Please note that after
I had to re-log because a bug that hides all items when you try on the
fly.  But once you re-log all is fine and your individual icon is hidden.