[xubuntu-users] Release Candidate 16.10

flocculant flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 06:54:30 UTC 2016

Next week we are expecting to release Xubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety Yak), if
you are intending to upgrade to it from 16.04, then now would be an
opportune moment. You'll get in before the rush, but mostly you'll help
people wanting to install 16.10 by testing it for every one of us using
Xubuntu.

You can test upgrading (either via terminal and update-manager, or test
using the latest iso) both methods are listed on the tracker under the
Upgrade section, respectively Upgrade and Upgrade (Image)

Additionally if you want to, you can test installs of the iso on
seperate partition or in a virtual machine.

It's likely that we will see rebuilds of iso's during the next week -
but they will be mostly  concerned with the issues not affecting Xubuntu.

Please report on the tracker when you test one of our iso's, either
Upgrade or Iso [1]

The draft release note [2] lists known issues.

The daily build iso [3] should remain constant throughout the testing
period - last modified date should correspond to date on the tracker.

[1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/360/builds
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/FinalRelease/Xubuntu
[3] http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/daily-live/current/