[xubuntu-users] toggle touchpad ON/OFF - PERSONAL message

David Walland davidwalland at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 23 12:41:04 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

Wow! Do I know that feeling!  But you know the struggle has helped me even
with Windows.  I've just been updating Win 7 to Win 10 and if I hadn't
learned to be so bloody-minded trying to learn Linux (Xubuntu) I'd never
have managed.  I've learned how to cull the useful information from several
sites which appear to be writing in some strange language whuch means
little or nothing to me, until the whole thing gells.  Suddenly, I've done
something some of the IT guys at work can't do (Ta Ra!!!).  I'll be
emailing them the how to later this weekend.

I'm 69 and can honestly say that even the frustrating battle teaches lots;
and I've learned a lot more than just that.

Thinking like people who like to write operating systems isn't easy...

Regards

David Walland

PS I still haven't found out how to turn my network board back on when a
Xubuntu update screwed it up.  In windows I just rolled back to the
previous driver and it turned it back on but it still wasn't working in
Xubuntu last time I tried it and I don't know how to go back to the
previous driver which *did/does* work