[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu 16.04 : no more xfce4-mixer?!

Victor Forberger vforberger at fastmail.fm
Tue Dec 27 21:05:19 UTC 2016

On 12/27/2016 02:45 PM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> On Tue 2016-12-27 (14:19), Victor Forberger wrote:
>
>>> root at watschel:~# dpkg -l | grep pavu
>>> ii  pavucontrol                                 3.0-3build1                                amd64        PulseAudio Volume Control
>>>
>>> But I cannot see it in panel's "Add New Items":
>>>

>> You gain access through the Sound menu.
>>
>> In Indicator, check properties and make sure the sound menu is NOT hidden.
>
> Yes, I can see "Indicator" in panel's "Add New Items", but when I select
> "add", it is not placed in the panel.
>
> http://fex.rus.uni-stuttgart.de:8080/fop/l4TDiMSa/X-20161227214451.png

You probably already have indicator running (it is a default panel
item). And, you are only allowed one indicator (since more than one
would be unnecessary and kinda crazy).

In xubuntu's default install, there are two panels (one at top and
another on the bottom). The indicator is usually on the top panel.

And, you have access to all your panel settings from the Settings
Manager|Panel item. My guess is that you have another panel running that
you may not see.

Always check out http://docs.xubuntu.org/1604/user/C/index.html for the
details.

- Victor