[xubuntu-users] please name included messages - solved

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Tue Dec 6 19:34:29 UTC 2016

On 12/06/2016 07:09 AM, Bernhard Aicher wrote:
> Hello Peter,
> Yes I am sending and recieving mails by Thunderbird.

OK, thanks.

> I was talking about the names of included messages - they have all the
> same name in Thunderbird.

Messages don't have names. Do you mean the "From" header? Or the
"Subject" header?

> If thunderbird is renaming this,

No, Thunderbird does not rename anything. It's getting renamed by some
other process somewhere between the Ubuntu list server and your mail host.

...etc

This is being inserted by Yahoo. I don't know what it is or what it does.

Ralf has already mentioned the handling of the
"filename="ForwardedMessage.eml""

> From:     xubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject:     xubuntu-users Digest, Vol 119, Issue 6

Ah. I didn't know this was about messages from the Digest. I don't
subscribe to that, so I don't know how it works.

The rest looks normal enough; my guess is that Yahoo is interfering with
it somehow.

///Peter