[xubuntu-users] Log-in Screen : Flashing and Lose of Wallpaper

Florian Coste fcoste21 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 17:29:54 UTC 2016

Hello Xubuntu community,

I have something really annoying with my system, and I would like to ask
you if you have the same behavior, or if it's a known bug.

Since I'm using Xubuntu 16.04, I have seen an annoying bug when I boot for
the first time on my computer. I am using a wallpaper, so after the boot
sequence and in the first seconds during the log-in sequence, I see my
wallpaper in the back. Then, suddenly, there is a fast flash (the screen
becomes black, and come back), but the wallpaper has disappeared, and has
been replaced by the default wallpaper (the blue screen).

Moreover, if I'm really fast, during the log-in sequence, I can type my
password, but during the 'flash', nothing from my keyboard is saved. THIS
is really annoying because I'm a fast typer, and this flash interrupts what
I'm writing on my computer, and prevents me to be logged in fast.

That's not really critical, you just need to wait maybe two seconds when
you see the log-in screen. But that's annoying, and it's difficult to
convince new user to use Xubuntu if I'm showing that on my computer.

Note that it's not something related to my installation because I had to
reinstall my system (for others reasons) with 16.04.1. And I'm up to date.
But it could be related to my hardware.

If you don't know what it is, or if I was unable to describe correctly this
behavior, I could send you a video.

Best regards,
Florian