[xubuntu-users] Screen doesn't turn on after unlocking session

Douglas douglasrizzom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 23:48:21 UTC 2015

At the beginning of the year, I started using Xubuntu 14.04. I then
switched to Kubuntu just to check it, but recently came back to Xubuntu
14.04.

An annoying problem I had back then was that, after locking my session
and then unlocking it on my laptop, the screen would not turn on. I
could see a very dim image in my screen, as if the image feed itself was
working, but the display light was turned off. As a workaround, I opened
"xfce4-display-settings", changed the resolution and the screen would
turn on and work normally again.

Unfortunately, almost a year later, it seems this problem still persists.

I traced it back to a launchpad bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfce4-power-manager/+bug/1259339

I is also feature in a post at the Xubuntu website:
http://xubuntu.org/news/screen-locking-in-xubuntu-14-04/

I have no hope of finding a solution to it through this mailing list.
Rather, I'd like the community to comment on it. Have you guys seem it?
Why is it taking so long to be fixed?