[xubuntu-users] What's a better gnome mail client than Thunderbird?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Aug 4 19:42:15 UTC 2015

On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 03:03:48 -0400
JMZ <florentior at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/04/2015 02:57 AM, Petter Adsen wrote:
> > On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 20:55:13 -0400
> > JMZ <florentior at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Okay I've been using Thunderbird for years (and before that pine).
> >> pine worked better (more reliable) but I need a gui mail client
> >> now.  Client has to be gnome instruction compliant, still in
> >> development, and not memory greedy.  Ideas?
> > What do you mean by 'GNOME instruction compliant'?
>
> Thanks for the info Petter.  What I should have written is, a program
> written for GNOME dependencies.  I don't run KDE programs in Xfce,
> even if it is possible.  If I want to run KDE I will use that instead.
>
> <snip>
>
> Jordan

Something can be completely free of all KDE code without having Gnome
dependencies. As a matter of fact, I stay away from Gnome for the same
reason I kicked every KDE library and executable off my system: Too
much monolithic entanglement, and now the requirement of accepting
systemd and swallowing it whole.

Claws-mail can be run without either Gnome libs or KDE libs.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21