[xubuntu-users] What's a better gnome mail client than Thunderbird?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Aug 4 08:19:44 UTC 2015

On Tue, 4 Aug 2015 08:57:11 +0200, Petter Adsen wrote:
>Some people like Evolution - I think it's horrid. YMMV, these things
>can get quite personal.

I prefer Claws over Evolution and Sylpheed too, however, Evolution
provides everything Claws provides and Evolution provides more than
Claws provides.

On my Arch install I run Claws, Evolution and Sylpheed. You can't
compare a sane maintained Arch Evolution from Arch repositories and the
broken Evolution provided by Ubuntu, let alone that on Arch there are
no issues to build your own package/s of recent Evolution versions.

So again, nobody should use Evolution on an Ubuntu flavour, but on
another distro it depends to the users needs. Evolution is bloated,
very resource hungry, OTOH Claws simply doesn't provide what Evolution
provides. Claws is lightweight and the lightweight comes with pros and
cons.