[xubuntu-users] What's a better gnome mail client than Thunderbird?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Aug 4 12:22:31 UTC 2015

On Tue, 4 Aug 2015 14:12:03 +0200, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>On Mon, 03 Aug 2015 20:55:13 -0400
>JMZ <florentior at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Okay I've been using Thunderbird for years (and before that pine).
>> pine worked better (more reliable) but I need a gui mail client now.
>
>How is Thunderbird not a "GUI mail client"?

The second sentence from the OP is

>> pine worked better (more reliable) but I need a gui mail client now.

Since pine is text based,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_%28email_client%29 , and Thunderbird
worked less reliable for the OP, the OP now asks for an alternative MUA
that is more reliable than the clumsy Thunderbird, not to mention
that many people for good reasons dislike the Mozilla policy. The OP
didn't claim that Thunderbird is a text based MUA without a GUI.

Regards,
Ralf