[xubuntu-users] Colour Printing

Rob Ward rl.ward at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 9 05:21:52 UTC 2014

Hi folks,
I am not making any progress trying to print colour "snaps".
Even though I have used cameras and printed family photos for a while in
XP, I am really struggling in XUbuntu.
I have used GIMP and GutenPrint with my Canon Pixma iP4200 with limited
success.
The GIMP manual says the rendering done by the Printer Drivers.
They appear to have comprehensive controls to modify the characteristics
of the driver, yet I am no where close to photographic quality (and I am
not an expert, hence not really fussy, but they are awful).
Would this be useful (necessary?)
http://linux.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_Canon_PIXMA_to_work_on_Linux

Just pointing me a beginners area for this stuff would be good.
Ta...
--
Rob