[xubuntu-users] Window focus does not follow operations properly

Elfy ub.untu at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 6 17:46:32 UTC 2014

On 06/10/14 18:30, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Elfy <ub.untu at btinternet.com> wrote:
>> Have you tried Automatically give focus ... AND Automatically raise windows
> According to the help document:
>
> New window focus
> - Selecting this option will automatically give the focus to newly
> created windows, without the need to click or move the mouse pointer.
>
> Raise on focus
> - If this option is selected, the frame of a newly focused window will
> automatically appear over all other frames, after an amount of time
> that you can adjust with the delay slider.
>
> I have the first checked and the second not.  This is what I want -
> for newly created windows to receive the focus.  I don't see how
> raising the window  on receipt of focus will do me any good when the
> newly created window does not receive the focus at all.
>
> To rant, I shouldn't have to select multiple options for one to work.
> I expect the options to work as documented, which they do not.
>
> Thanks.
> MR

If you want to file a bug - do so - you've been told which package.

To rant, if more people tested BEFORE we released, more issues would get
seen, but that's not what happens of course. A few people test, can't
test everything and then other people complain when it's too late.

--
Ubuntu Forum Council Member
Xubuntu QA Lead